The Village of Senneville wishes to inform the population of the details of the project to rebuild the 2 tennis courts, for which work began on May 2, 2022.
The tennis courts have reached the end of their useful life and are in need of complete restoration. The courts will be rebuilt with a rigid playing surface consisting of bituminous concrete covered with a colored acrylic coating.
The work will also include replacing the fence mesh with black vinyl coated mesh, straightening the fence posts, underground electrical work and replacing the concrete bases for the light poles, reinstalling the existing poles and floodlights on the new bases. These new bases will be ready for new fixtures when the existing fixtures reach the end of their useful life.
REALIZATION OF THE WORK
At the April 26 meeting, Council awarded a contract to Les Pavages Théorêt Inc, the lowest compliant bidder, for the rehabilitation of the tennis courts in Senneville Park, in the amount of $342,091, taxes included while site supervision will be provided by the firm Stantec. The whole project will be financed by our park fund ($248,041) and unallocated surplus ($94,050).
- The construction work will take place on a weekday basis, Monday to Friday, during the months of May and June 2022.
- The contractor will be required to suspend work for a period of 28 days to allow curing of the asphalt pavement before completing the work with the application of the acrylic top coat and the marking of the playing lines.
- The new fields are expected to be ready by June 27, the official opening of the summer program.
- In order to preserve the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood, the performance of construction work, as well as the delivery of materials and other work, is prohibited: (a) from Monday to Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.; (b) on Saturdays before 8:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m.; and (c) on Sundays, holidays or non-working days;
- The work area shall be completely enclosed by a construction fence;
- The City of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue offers the citizens of Senneville the use of their tennis courts located on Perrault and Cypihot streets.
Construction vehicles, delivery companies and employees will all be directed to the site entrance and exit by secure means and will also be directed to Anciens-Combattants Blvd. for all entrances and exits of Senneville.
We are aware of the inconveniences that this work may cause and we are taking all necessary measures to minimize the impacts.
To report an emergency situation after hours, please contact 514-630-1234.