HIRING ELECTORAL STAFF
The Returning Officer of the Village of Senneville is seeking bilingual election officers to fill the following positions for the upcoming general municipal election on Sunday, November 7, 2021.
Positions to fill are as follows:
- - Deputy returning officer
- - Poll clerk
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The law does not require any particular conditions to fulfill the functions of a member of the electoral staff. The person must be 16 years of age and older, reliable, available, impartial and have good judgment. Those interested in applying are invited to complete the form and return it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance poll - October 31st and November 1st, 2021
The day of the advance poll requires the election officers to be present at the polling stations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. In addition, their presence is required in the evening of the polling day in order to count the votes.
Election day - November 7, 2021
The day of the general election requires the election officers to be present at the polling stations from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and after, until the complete counting of votes.
Deputy returning officer (2 people)
- Facilitates the exercise of the right to vote and ensures the secrecy of the vote;
- Administers oaths to voters, if required;
- Counts the votes and transmits the results of the vote.
Poll clerk (4 people)
- Verifies the voter's registration on the electoral list and checks off the name of the voter having voted on the said list;
- Enters the particulars relating to the conduct of the vote in the poll book;
- Assists the Deputy Returning Officer during the counting of the votes.
Mandatory training will be offered. (Date to be confirmed)
*** Only those whose application is selected will be contacted.