Bulk waste is defined as non-industrial waste that, because of its size, volume or weight, cannot be accepted in regular household or residual waste collections.
4 times a year.
2022: January 14th, May 20th, July 8th and September 9th
When you wish to eliminate bulk items that can be reused, consider the following '' payback'' option by contacting an organization that helps people in need by supplying used goods at a reduced price.
Directory of Community and Social Organizations
Instead of sending your old mattress to a landfill, think of recycling it! https://www.recyc-matelas.com/en/
Bulk items that cannot be reused or recycled take the path of elimination.
What materials are accepted?
- Appliances of all sizes
- Baths, toilets, sinks
- Cabinets, bookcases, desks, tables, chairs
- Doors, windows
- Large cardboard boxes
What materials are declined?
- Asphalt, brick, cement, gravel, stone, sand, peat, asphalt shingles
- Garbage and dead animals
- Mechanical parts, equipment or carcasses of vehicle or tires
- Hazardous waste (paint, chemical, toxic or explosive products), garden waste, construction waste
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, propane tanks
- TV's and screens
- Any items that can be recycled or routed for reuse such as books, clothing, small furniture, electronics and computers.
- Construction residue resulting from major construction work is refused. However, small building materials (from minor renovations) are accepted if there are no safety issues (nails, glass, contaminations, etc.).